Trailblazer District Home
Welcome to Scouting in Trailblazer District
Serving the youth of Dixon, Elmira, Vacaville and Winters in Solano County, CA
... where Scouts have fun while learning about the outdoors, responsibility, citizenship, nature and a whole lot more. Scouts are grouped by age and maturity level, gaining in experience and responsibility as they grow. Click on the "Join Scouting" tab above for information on age requirements and joining.
Scouting's Journey to Excellence
“Scouting’s Journey to Excellence” is the BSA’s new council performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It is replacing the Centennial Quality Awards Program as a means of encouraging excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA. More information is available here.
Trailblazer Mailing List
Check out the Info List at mail.gec-bsa.org/mailman/listinfo/trailblazerlist_gec-bsa.org . Signing up will help us keep you informed about goings on in the district.
for all Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Webelos Leaders, Den Leaders, Tiger Partners and other unit leaders.
When: The first Thursday of each month, 7:30pm.
Where: Wrentham LDS church, 480 Wrentham Dr, Vacaville.
District Committee Meeting:
for District Officers and Unit Charter Organization Representatives.
When: Third Thursday of every month at 7:00pm.
Where: VacaValley Hospital Conference Room (near the cafeteria)
Trailblazer Key 3:
What's on the Trailblazer site?
• Units - listing of Trailblazer units and meeting locations
• Calendar - Calendar with District events
• Training - description and schedule of available training classes
• Leadership for Trailblazer - district leaders and committee chairmen contacts
• Trailblazer News - listing of scheduled District and Council events
• District News - Current district events, training, opportunities and other "items of interest"
• Advancement - Info on Merit Badge Trail Drive and Eagle rank procedure
• Awards - Lists of Trailblazer Eagles, Silver Bears and "Of-the-Year" award winners
• Cracker Barrel - information on hiking trails, backpacking trails, summer camps and a bunch more (Folsom Treks, RimRover, etc.)
A Brief History of Trailblazer District
Previous to July 1, 1972, Golden Empire Council had a larger district, called Solano District, which covered Fairfield, Travis Air Force Base and all of what is presently Trailblazer District. The Council decided it would be more effective to have smaller districts. So, effective 1 July, 1972, Solano District was split into two districts. The new Solano District was Fairfield and Travis Air Force Base. Several years later, that new Solano District was moved into the Mt. Diablo-Silverado Council in a council consolidation.
Our district was called the Vacaville-Dixon District. The first District Chairman was Walt Graham and the first District Commissioner was Dave Fleming. Dave became the second District Chairman on July 1, 1973 and served as chairman until Dec 31, 1976. During this two and half years, the district got tired of being called the Vacaville-Dixon District and had a contest to pick a new name, and later to design a patch. The contests were held and the result was Trailblazer District, with our current patch.
Contributed by David Fleming