Journey to Excellence
"Scouting's Journey to Excellence" is the BSA's performance recognition program designed to encourage and reward success and measure the performance of our units, districts, and councils. It has replaced the Centennial Quality Awards Program as a means of encouraging excellence in providing a quality program at all levels of the BSA.
All the info you'll need can be found on the BSA's Journey to Excellence website at www.scouting.org/jte
What Journey to Excellence Brings to Your Unit
1. A framework for planning the year.
2. A method for evaluating your unit.
3. Guidance in areas where you might do better.
4. Specific guidelines and standards of what is considered good performance.
5. Early warning of potential problem areas.
6. Recognition for good Scouting.
7. Benchmarking to get ideas and tips from other good units.
What are the standards to be a Bronze, Silver or Gold unit, district and council?
Every year the standards are evaluated based on the performance of other units, districts and councils across the country. Here are the 2013 scorecards for each area:
So how is our council performing?
Check back here each month to see a snapshot of our council.
Our Council in 2012 achieved the bronze level. Download the dashboard PDF.
You can view the 2012 details of each area, and level achieved for each district, at our Journey to Excellence 2012 page.