The Golden Empire Council’s effort to send 3 full troops to the 2017 National Jamboree in West Virginia has succeeded. One hundred and eight Boy Scouts from all regions of the council have signed up for an adventure of a life-time (tour Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. and 10 days at the Summit). While available spots have been filled, the council is continuing to accept registration (waiting list) on the chance a spot may become available. If a spot with the council contingent isn't avaiable, and you still want to go, we will help you find a spot with another California council.
Registration Steps (read all of the steps before proceeding)
- Step 1: Register on the BSA National Jamboree Website
- If you need technical support with the BSA website, call Member Care Services at (972) 580-2489.
- A handful of things to be sure of:
- You will need the youth's BSA membership number.
- The My.Scouting.org account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
- The membership number used for the Jamboree application will be linked to the entire process, including your BSA Health & Medical Record.
- All applicants must have a current, non-expired, BSA membership.
- Use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 or above to access the Jamboree application. Other browsers may not be compatible with this system.
- Step 2: Register for the Golden Empire Council National Scout Jamboree.
- Council "2017 National Jamboree Youth Participant" is open.
- Enter youth information.
- Enter the parents contact information.
- Complete all steps including the shopping cart.
- If you need technical support, call Ann Kantola at (916) 333-5429.
- Step 3: A Jamboree Committee Member will contact to confirm your participation.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact the council National Jamboree Committee at 2017Jamboree@gec-bsa.org or call Ann Kantola at 916-333-5429.
update: October 7, 2016 2:08 pm