Silver Beaver Award
The highest award that a local council can give to a volunteer Scout Leader for service to youth.
Of the hundreds of awards that are presented each year, the Silver Beaver is the highest and most prestigious honor awarded to a volunteer by a local council. As a movement whose leadership is overwhelmingly volunteer, the Boy Scouts of America recognizes the need to acknowledge those individuals who truly go above and beyond to guarantee the availability of a quality Scouting program. Please consider nominating a dedicated Scouter that has influenced the program of Scouting in your area for this award.
When nominating a Scouter for this honor in the Golden Empire Council, please consider the following:
- This award is made for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered BSA adult volunteers within the Golden Empire Council
- Service of a non-Scouting nature is also a considered during the evaluation process
- Nominations must be submitted only on the BSA National Nomination Form.
- The Golden Empire Council recognizes and truly appreciates the dedication of over 10,000 Scouters in the Northern California area that we serve, however, we are limited by National BSA protocol as to the number of Silver Beaver Awards that can be presented.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a volunteer committee
Click here to view a list of prior Silver Beaver Award recipients.
Please submit the completed form by email or mail c/o Michele Pisias at 251 Commerce Circle, Sacramento, CA 95853 or email Michelle Pisias for more information.